...are you IN?
Conference Dates: February 3-5, 2016 (Breakout sessions Thursday morning, February 4)
Proposal Due Date: December 1, 2015
INTERACTION is the theme of the GCSM 2016 Annual Conference in Jekyll Island, Georgia. The conference will feature keynote speaker Dr. Paul Riccomini, who will speak on the interaction of data, instruction, and intervention upon student success.
The 2016 Annual Conference Committee (ACC) is seeking proposals for Thursday morning breakout sessions. Plan to present to an audience of 20-40 GCSM members for ONE HOUR. It is possible that you will be asked to present twice. Our goal is to have sessions that reflect the great thinking and innovation in the field of mathematics education, informed by theory, research, and practice across the state of Georgia.
The committee invites proposals that:
- Reflect innovation and cutting edge content
- Stimulate and provoke discussion and audience engagement
- Deliver model practices using approaches for different types of learners
- Present evidence based on or supported by research
- Target either new, mid-career, or seasoned professionals at the Elementary, Middle, or High School Level(s)
- Use multimedia approaches to enhance attendee learning
Highlighted topics may include:
- Changing student needs and subsequent response
- Content that is solution-oriented and provides model practices
- Outcomes assessment and holistic student learning
- Technology solutions for engagement of students and/or parents in mathematics
These are just suggested topics. Submissions are not limited to those on the list. The goal for our GCSM conferences is a program that will result in a diverse array of presenters and perspectives, including those with different levels of experience, and different grade levels, and different student body types. Proposals with presenters from a single institution or multiple institutions will be considered equally.
GCSM is piloting our events site’s application process to receive RFP’s. Please be sure to read the instructions for submission very carefully prior to submitting. All proposal submitters and copresenters are required to have a GCSM username and password and must login to the GCSM Wild Apricot system.